Monday, April 02, 2007

Downloadable Audio Books - How They Changed My Life

I love books!

I have read a lot of different titles in my life. I started with a series of books about "The Famous Five" by Enid Blyton. As I grew up I got more interested in personal development, psychology, cognitive science and the human mind.

For several years my goal was to read at least one personal development book every week. These were both business and personal growth titles.

One day about six months ago I suddenly realized that my reading had decreased dramatically. I didn't read anything at all!

Why?

Well, the simple answer was that I didn't have the time or to be more accurate; I didn't prioritize the reading. On my bedside table was "Pilgrimage" by Paulo Coelho, still unfinished after several weeks.

Then a friend of mine mentioned downloadable audio books.

I wasn't that excited. I wanted to hold the book in my hands, keep the finished book in my bookcase, check for interesting chapters later and...

Ok, "I understand," said my friend, "but you just told me you didn't have the time to read."

So, I downloaded my first audio book. It felt safe to choose Paolo Coelho and now I chose one of my favorites: "The Alchemist." As I had read this book it was interesting to compare the audio book with the original.

I was totally blown away! This was exactly what I wanted. I suddenly realized that I could resume my old reading habits, or maybe I should say book consumption habits of one book a week. Maybe I even could increase this habit.

After a while I developed my own routines of how to listen to audio books most effectively. I listened while exercising and both my mind and body got trained. I listened while commuting and also when I was traveling. These were situations that didn't demand any big thinking from me. But there was another really interesting discovery I made, read on.

I could use audio books in situations that really required my total focus; Audio books that helped me in problem solving and with my creativity. This is a technique that uses sound to stimulate the creative mind pattern in your own brainwaves. This might sound a bit strange but I tried and found that somehow these audio books really helped me. I always use them when I write articles, news releases and web content. I also use them in situations when I try to think out of the box.

One other great thing about downloadable audio books is that I can get my book instantly and 24/7. It's almost like having your own library at home.

To summarize my experience with audio books so far, I have to say that I am grateful for these new technologies. I got back one of my main interests, books. I found tools that help me in my daily life, "Creative Mind System." I also found a way to be more effective as I could listen to audio books while doing other less productive tasks.

I love audio books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home